Thursday, June 19, 2014

The New and Improved Digital Story

After sharing my Digital Story with my colleagues last week they offered some suggestions for improvement.  Seeing as though I was looking for ways to make it better I took their constructive criticism and went back into iMovie to change some things around.  The first this I needed to do was to change the position of the pictures.  I was unaware that when you put them into iMovie you have to choose a starting and ending position.  I had mentioned in my last post that I didn't like how the pictures were cut off or didn't show the whole scene, but apparently that is because I had to position them!  So I went back and changed all of the pictures I felt needed re-positioning. The second thing I did was decide to add some music to the background.  When I tried this at first I felt it was too loud and therefore too distracting.  However, again I learned that as the creator you can change how loud or soft the music plays.  I lowered the volume to a setting that I thought added just enough background music, without taking away from the content that was being taught.

My experience with creating a Digital Story and with using iMovie has taught me two valuable things.  First and foremost, ask questions! Even when you think there is no way to change something you don't like about your Digital Story or iMovie, there usually is.  Second, take risks!  Try to include pictures or use formats that you may not be 100% sold on, because it's surprising how well some elements fit together.  It is very easy to edit and change things if you don't love how they turned out at first.  You just have to get in there and play around with the settings. 
  

Without further ado, here is the new and improved digital story on The Steps of Human Hearing.


1 comment:

  1. Wow: Great job using iMovie. I love the visuals with the narrations. The students could follow along with your story because it's sequence is simple and informative. I use Movie Maker and also found it very simple to use. Good job!!! Partner

    ReplyDelete