Wednesday, June 11, 2014

VoiceThread

Another great cloud application that can be utilized in the classroom is VoiceThread.  VoiceThread can be used by both students and teachers to create a presentation for an audience. 


Many teachers currently using VoiceThread use it to share and discuss documents, present information or student work, or display images and audio files.  A combination of pictures, audio and text can be included on each slide, plus there is the option to record your voice in order to say something about what is being presented.  Having the microphone is great because once a VoiceThread is shared, either with a particular audience or the entire world, other people can add their comments or questions to the slides.  If they prefer not to comment using their voice, comments can also be written by typing them into the space provided, or even texted from a phone. 
Here is a brief sample of how VoiceThread is used.  




Dozer & Madison

Here I have taken a picture of my dogs, uploaded it to VoiceThread, and recorded the comments you hear when you press play. 


Right now I am working on a VoiceThread with my students.  I have taken pictures of the poems they want to share at our Literacy Celebration, and am in the process of recording them reading it.  When the poems are presented for parents, each student will have a slide displaying their poem, and their voices reading them.  This is my first time using VoiceThread with my students, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable VoiceThread! Your photo shows them at their cutest moment, and your comments remind me how much puppies love to chew on everything...including slippers! I can't wait to hear more about the adventures of Dozer and Madison.

    ReplyDelete